Growing up the son of a firefighter, Brian Walsh Jr. was taught to give back to the community and help others, and that led him to pursue one of the most difficult jobs in the U.S. military as a Navy SEAL (Sea, Air, Land), the country’s special operations team. But, just days before he was set to enter the SEALs’ training program, he got into a serious car accident while driving home from Baltimore, and his life suddenly changed.
Walsh survived, against all odds, and went on to become a police officer. But he experienced even more personal trauma in that role, and not dealing with it ultimately led him to thoughts of suicide and a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder.
In this episode, Diana Britton, managing editor at WealthManagement.com, speaks with Brian Walsh Jr., a senior financial advisor at Walsh and Nicholson Financial Group in Wayne, Pa. who shares details about the rock bottom time in his life, and how he sought help and healing.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What led Brian to became interested in the military
- How his training in mixed martial arts possibly saved his life
- The challenges and life lessons he experienced as a police officer
- His mental state after leaving the police force
- How he overcame PTSD
- How his personal trauma has shaped him and his work as an advisor
- And more.
Listen now to hear Brian’s story.