Sept. 11, 2001 is a day most Americans can’t forget, when Al-Qaida coordinated four terrorist attacks against the United States, including on the Twin Towers in downtown Manhattan.
But for Chloe Wohlforth, managing director of Angeles Wealth Management in New York, it was the day she lost her father. Chloe was a junior in high school at the time, and that day her father went into work at Sandler O’Neill, an investment bank with offices on the 104th floor of the South Tower. He didn’t come home, and that tragic event would shape the rest of her life.
In the midst of this extreme tragedy, there was uncertainty surrounding her family’s financial situation; her father was always in charge of the finances. Fortunately, a family friend stepped in, and introduced Chloe and her mother to a financial advisor, who supported them during that extremely difficult time and helped them find financial security.
In this episode, Diana Britton, managing editor at WealthManagement.com, speaks with Chloe, who shares how the events unfolded and the blessings that 9/11 has brought to her life, despite the loss.
In this episode you will learn:
- What happened on 9/11 for Chloe and the following days
- How Chloe and her mom were able to find financial security
- About the support offered by Sandler O’Neill following the attacks
- How Chloe’s human connections and opportunities lead her to the advisory space
- How her experiences have shaped the work she does now at Angeles Wealth Management
- And more.
Listen now to Chloe’s story and how the emotional and financial support from others made a difference in her life.